Getting our leadership right is critical as we want students to enthusiastically participate in a broad range of activities, many of which they organise themselves and all pupils are actively encouraged to lead.
Our leadership model has 2 central tiers:
- The leadership from our Head Boy and Girl and their respective Deputies.
- Student Ambassadors – students that champion one key aspect of academy life.
To deliver this model effectively students run and lead meetings and events in the academy across all age groups. The Academy Ambassadors have prioritised 7 key areas which drive the academy forward.
- Charity – a relentless drive to serve others and support those in need
- Sport – promoting activities and mass participation
- Literacy – valuing the spoken and written word
- Community – working to look after the school environment and those in need in the local community.
- Headteacher – acting as academy representatives and establishing effective learning
- Christian Young Leaders – working to develop faith in the academy and around the community
- Language ambassadors – supporting students and parents that speak English as an additional language.
The school was recently awarded world class school status in recognition of the excellent education received by students. To receive this award, students were assessed on a framework of skills and competencies that students need to flourish in an emerging global economy. This award recognises the school’s achievement in providing students with cultural opportunities that take them beyound their local community.
Community and Charity Group
Christian Young Leaders Group
Head Teacher Group
Language Ambassadors Group