I am delighted to be preparing to welcome students into year 12 in September. These last months may have been very challenging but please rest assured that we have plans in place to support you with the transition to Sixth Form and that we also have rigorous safety procedures in place. The safety of our students is always at the forefront of all of our plans.
With safety in mind, the decision has been made that this summer’s enrolment process will be completed remotely. This means no students or staff will be allowed to enter the site. Happily our online admissions system means that the transfer to remote enrolment is very straightforward.
On Thursday 20th August, your results will be available to you to access from home via Go4Schools (please see letter from the exams officer with further details of this).
You can then complete stage 1 of your online enrolment by logging in to Admissions+ via our website and follow the simple steps to check your details, upload your actual results and select your courses.
Once stage 1 is complete, a member of our sixth form team will call you using the contact number you provided in your online application, so please check that your number is still the same. During this phone call you will be asked to confirm some important details from your enrolment details, have your GCSE grades verified and discuss your course choices. This is your opportunity to receive guidance on course choices and have any questions answered.
This phone call should take place by 3pm on Monday 24th August. If you have not heard from a member of our team by this point then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the end of your phone call the sixth form team member will confirm that you are now enrolled onto your selected courses and will explain the next steps.
You will then receive an email with a number of very important documents that you will need to have read and understood before our year 12 induction day at 8.40am on 7th September.
And then your journey at Bluecoat Sixth Form can begin!
Below you will find more details of how you can make your enrolment experience as simple as possible. Please read through these carefully in advance of GCSE results day and then return to them on the day you begin your online enrolment.
The Sixth Form team are so looking forward to warmly welcoming you into our sixth form and to supporting you in achieving your aspirations. If you haven’t already accessed the transition materials and presentation made by staff that we sent out to you in June then please do have a look on the Year 11 > Year 12 students section on our website. We are here for you should you have any questions at all so please don’t hesitate to contact us using the email address above.
Ms A Wood
Hints and Tips for Enrolment day
- Admissions+ works best when opened in Chrome
- Once in Chrome visit https://bluecoataspley.applicaa.com/
- Enter username and password set up at point of application.
- If you have forgotten your password please select the ‘forgotten password’ option.
- If this does not resolve a password/username issue then please email email@example.com and our office staff will be able to help with this.
- In order to complete stage 1 of your enrolment you will need:
- Your contact details including a mobile number
- Two parent/carer contact details
- Your GCSE results
- We recommend you have a version of the Bluecoat Sixth Form course guide to hand (if you do not have a hard copy at home then you can find an online version at https://www.bluecoataspley.co.uk/sixth-form/course-guide/). Before selecting any course please ensure you meet the entry criteria specific to each subject.
- You will only be able to select subjects for which you meet the subject specific entry criteria. To proceed in your enrolment you will need to have selected courses.
- If you need to speak with a member of staff for guidance when selecting courses then pick three subjects and finish stage 1 of your enrolment to trigger your phone call. It will be possible to change the courses once you speak with a member of staff.
For students joining us from outside of the Archway Learning Trust
- Important: If you are applying to us from outside of the Archway Learning Trust you will need your ULN number. This may be on your results slip if you are collecting a results slip from your current school. If you are not collecting your results from your current school or you do not know if it will be on your results slip I would recommend contacting your school’s exams officer for this number in advance. We will need to have this to verify your results on enrolment day.
- We will also require your UPN number. Again please contact your current school to request this to ensure you are not held up in your enrolment.