Applications for the bursary fund are welcomed from all Sixth Form students.
There are funds to help you if you’re studying or starting a course and think you might struggle with the costs for your studies. If you’re aged between 16 and 19 years you may be eligible for a bursary.
Students in the following groups may receive a bursary of £1,200 a year:
- young people in care
- care leavers
- young people claiming income support in their own name
- disabled young people who receive both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance in their own name
Other students facing genuine financial difficulties may also be awarded a bursary.
When an application has been assessed and the student is eligible for the bursary; payments will be paid directly to student subject to them meeting the below assessment criteria*
Each time a claim is made we will review your attendance and progress in line with the assessment criteria:
- at least 95% attendance- Attending lessons & Act of Worship
- Active Learner**/Outstanding grade and above Attitude to learning grade
- meeting of homework and coursework deadlines
*assessment criteria is subject to change
**Formerly known as ‘Good’